This recipe for a creamy-tomato Italian sauce is equally cheesy and easy. Cream cheese (or mascarpone, for the ultra-Italiano), fontina, mozzarella, and parmesan are simmered in our very own TRUFF Black Truffle Pomodoro Pasta Sauce before being tossed with some al dente penne pasta. A simple and delicious dinner option for those busy weekday nights!
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
4 each garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 jar, 17 oz. TRUFF Black Truffle Pomodoro Pasta Sauce
1/4 cup cream cheese or mascarpone
1/4 cup fontina, shredded
1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup grated pecorino and parmesan
1 lb. penne pasta, cooked according to the package's instruction with 1 cup of pasta water reserved
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
PENNE WITH FOUR CHEESE POMODORO
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in TRUFF Black Truffle Pomodoro Pasta Sauce and bring to a low simmer.
- Once simmering, sprinkle in cheeses one at a time and whisk until combined and melted.
- If the sauce is too thick, whisk in a little bit of reserved pasta water.
- Add cooked penne pasta noodles and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with basil before serving.