Baked Lasagna Cups
Baked Lasagna Cups
If you like lasagna, then you’ll love these lasagna cups!
These bite-sized lasagna cups feature the usual fixings for the recipe including creamy ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, Italian sausage, and a variety of spices. Layered between the pasta noodles is the TRUFF Pomodoro Pasta Sauce for an umami twist! Whether you serve these cups as an appetizer or as your main course, this recipe is sure to take your pasta night to a whole new level.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add one package of lasagna noodles.
- While the noodles are cooking, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Once the noodles have cooked, thoroughly drain and rinse them with cold water.
- Once cooled, cut the noodles into squares large enough to fit comfortably in the individual tins of a large muffin pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, crumble sausage into the skillet.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Continue to cook the sausage for another 2-3 minutes and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Grease the muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place one noodle square in each muffin tin and top with one tablespoon of ricotta cheese, one tablespoon of the cooked sausage, one tablespoon of TRUFF Pomodoro Pasta Sauce, and a sprinkle of grated mozzarella and parmesan.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently press the filling down.
- Repeat these layers 2-3 more times or until the muffin tins are full.
- Loosely tent aluminum foil over the muffin pan and place it in the oven.
- Bake the dish for 30 minutes and remove the foil.
- Continue to bake for 10-15 more minutes until the cheese is lightly golden.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, use a butter knife to loosen the lasagna cups from the pan. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.