This delicious breakfast hoagie is an instant classic. Stacked with scrambled eggs, spicy capicola ham, arugula, pickled peppers, sharp provolone, and topped with mayo, this sandwich is a masterpiece. Pop it into the oven for cheesy perfection!
1/3 cup mayo
1 tablespoon TRUFF Hotter
2 teaspoons olive oil
8 eggs, beaten
4 hoagie rolls, split
16 slices capicola ham
3 cups baby arugula
1 cup pickled peppers, chopped
1 cup sharp provolone, grated
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Diablo Breakfast Hoagie
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the mayo and TRUFF HOTTER Hot Sauce in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside or keep refrigerated until ready to assemble the sandwiches.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add eggs and soft scramble them for 2-4 minutes. Remove eggs from the skillet and set aside.
- Spread hoagie rolls with spicy mayo and top with scrambled eggs, capicola, arugula, peppers, and provolone.
- Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and bake them for 4-5 minutes or until cheese has melted and rolls are lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle the sandwiches with a little fresh basil before serving.