You can never go wrong with fish tacos – but you can’t beat this variation topped with our TRUFF Spicy Mayonnaise and mango margarita salsa!
Blackened cod filets are perfectly paired with a flavorful salsa, inspired by the taste of a mango margarita, then drizzled with a citrusy dressing featuring TRUFF Spicy Mayonnaise. This zesty combination will have your taste buds singing!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Fill a skillet with oil and bring to 350°F over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, place a tortilla into the skillet, and fry for 15 seconds.
- Flip the tortilla over and fold in half with tongs.
- Fry for another 15 seconds per side until bubbly and crisp.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside to drain on a wire rack.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Place cod filets on a prepared baking sheet and drizzle each with olive oil and sprinkle with blackened seasoning.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the filets are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Once rested, flake into bite-sized pieces.
- Place mango, orange segments, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, cilantro, and jalapeños in a bowl, and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Place TRUFF Spicy Mayonnaise, lime juice, and orange juice in a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- To assemble the tacos, fill crispy shells with blackened cod, top with salsa, and drizzle with spicy TRUFF sauce.