French Onion Grilled Cheese With Pancetta and Apples
French Onion, Pancetta, Apple Grilled Cheese
If you’re looking for the perfect fall recipe, we’ve got you covered!
Our flavorful grilled cheese recipe is the perfect lunchtime dish for when you’re feeling cozy. This sandwich features savory caramelized onions, crispy pancetta, apples, cheddar cheese, and our Spicy Mayonnaise. Not only is this recipe easy to make, it’s delicious too!
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, cook the pancetta for about one minute per side.
- Once crisp, remove the pancetta from the skillet and set it aside on a paper towel. Leaving as much pancetta drippings in the skillet as possible.
- Add onions to the skillet and spread them out in an even layer.
- Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Evenly distribute the onions in the pan and add red wine, dijon, and garlic to the mix. Stir to combine.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the onions from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and return to medium heat.
- Spread TRUFF Spicy Mayonnaise on one side of each bread slice.
- Place the bread slice spread-side down on the skillet and top it with cheese, onions, apples, and pancetta.
- Place the other bread slice spread-side up on top of the sandwich and cook for 2-3 minutes or until each side is golden brown.