Savory Potatoes Au Gratin
Savory Truffle Potatoes Au Gratin
Potatoes Au Gratin is an iconic casserole that never disappoints!
This flavor-packed recipe features tender potato slices, sliced onions, and a creamy white and sharp cheddar cheese sauce blended with our spectacular TRUFF Black Truffle Oil.
We’re confident you’ll be coming back to this recipe time and time again!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large casserole dish, place the sliced potatoes and onions in alternating slanted rows and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the TRUFF Black Truffle Oil and garlic to the saucepan and sauté the ingredients for approximately one minute.
- Stir in flour to create a roux and cook for another minute.
- Add the milk and heavy cream to the saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Bring the milk to a low simmer and whisk the mixture frequently until slightly thickened.
- Add small handfuls of cheese to the milk and whisk to combine. Wait until the cheese has melted before adding the next handful to the mixture.
- Season the cheese sauce with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the casserole dish filled with potatoes and onions. Be sure to gently tap the casserole dish to level out the sauce.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil, place in the oven, and bake for one hour.
- After the first bake, remove the foil, return to the oven, and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for ten minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.