Serve up this breakfast classic with a side of heat!
This North African and Middle Eastern dish is traditionally made with onion, red bell pepper, garlic, cumin, and canned tomatoes. To add a TRUFF twist, we substituted the canned tomatoes with our Black Truffle Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce to create a spicy, truffle infusion of flavors.
Not only is this dish delicious, but it is easy to make. In 30 minutes or less, you will have a nutritious breakfast to add to your morning routine!
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Once heated, stir in onion, pepper, and garlic, and sauté for three minutes.
- Add cumin and sauté for another minute.
- Add TRUFF Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Make six divots in the sauce, large enough for the eggs.
- Crack eggs into the divots, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the egg whites are firm.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle with TRUFF Black Truffle Oil, and sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles and cilantro.
- Serve with bread slices or naan for dipping.