Skillet Mac And Cheese
Skillet Mac & Cheese
There’s nothing quite like homemade mac and cheese, and we like to think our recipe is the one to beat!
We cover our mac in a fragrant and delicious cheese sauce featuring gruyere, sharp cheddar, and our Black Truffle Oil. For the crispy top layer, we use only the finest Ritz Crackers.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta shells according to the instructions on the package, drain, and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add TRUFF Black Truffle Oil, garlic, and shallots to the pan and sauté for approximately one minute.
- Stir in flour to create a roux and cook for one minute.
- Add the milk to the saucepan, bring the heat to a low simmer, and whisk the mixture frequently until slightly thickened.
- Bring milk to a low simmer, whisking frequently, until slightly thickened.
- Add small handfuls of cheese to the milk and whisk to combine. Wait until the cheese has melted before adding the next handful to the mixture.
- Place the cooked pasta shells in a large bowl, add the cheese sauce, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mac and cheese to a large oven-proof skillet and spread it out in an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Ritz Cracker crumbs, melted butter, and parsley.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top of the mac and cheese and place in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the dish rest for five minutes before serving.