Spicy Fried Chicken And Waffles Recipe
Spicy Fried Chicken & Waffles
Homemade chicken and waffles is a brunch staple and we thought it was finally time to add a TRUFF twist!
This recipe features crispy chicken marinated in TRUFF White Truffle Hot Sauce and buttermilk for a deliciously tangy kick. The chicken is accompanied by fluffy golden brown waffles and topped with a sweet and spicy drizzle of our White Truffle Hot Sauce, maple syrup, and melted butter.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and place them in a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk, salt, and TRUFF White Truffle Hot Sauce to the bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat 4-5 cups of oil in a large dutch oven or preheat a deep fryer.
- Place flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove the marinated chicken strips from the bowl and strain.
- Working in batches, dip the chicken into the seasoned flour and toss to coat.
- Once the oil reaches 350°F, carefully add the chicken and fry for about three minutes or until cooked.
- Remove chicken from the oil and set aside to drain on a wire rack or paper towels. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Make a little well in the center of the flour mixture and add the eggs, oil, and milk.
- Whisk to combine the batter and keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to make the waffles.
- Place butter, maple syrup, and TRUFF White Truffle Hot Sauce in a small saucepan and slowly warm the mixture over medium-low heat until the butter has melted.
- Preheat the waffle iron and cook the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve the waffles topped with fried chicken and drizzled with the syrup.