Forget the sushi roll, get ready to dive into a new type of sushi creation!
The base of our sushi pizza is a crispy rice crust with the perfect texture to support the rest of our pizza ingredients. Next up, we combine our TRUFF Original Mayonnaise and TRUFF Hotter Hot Sauce with sesame oil, garlic, and rice vinegar for a sweet and spicy sauce. We finish off the dish with thinly sliced tuna, cucumbers, edamame, and avocado. Drizzle your creation with more of the spicy mayo sauce and sesame seeds.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place sushi grade tuna in the freezer
- Place rice in a medium bowl and cover with cool water.
- Using your hands, mix the rice and water, and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
- Once soaked, thoroughly drain and rinse, and transfer to a saucepan.
- Add two cups of water to the saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 15 minutes, still covered.
- Place vinegar, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Once the rice has rested, add the vinegar mixture and stir to combine.
- Set the rice aside and preheat the pizza pan.
- Drizzle a high-sided baking pan with oil and place in the oven.
- Heat for 10 minutes or until the pan and oil are hot.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and add the sushi rice.
- Spread the rice out in an even layer, using the back of a spoon to firmly press into the pan.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rice has turned a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- While the rice is cooling, place TRUFF Original Mayonnaise, TRUFF Hotter Hot Sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, and rice vinegar in a bowl, whisk to combine.
- Once the rice has cooled, divide the sauce in half, and spread half over the top of the rice.
- Remove the tuna from the freezer and slice thinly.
- Evenly spread the tuna across the pizza.
- Top the tuna layer with cucumber slices, edamame, and avocado.
- Sprinkle the sushi pizza with crumbled nori,sesame seeds, and drizzle with the remaining sauce.
- Slice pizza into wedges.
- Serve your sushi pizza with wasabi, soy sauce, and pickled ginger on the side.