Do you have extra corn tortillas lying around and not sure how to use them? Put them to use with this easy homemade breakfast recipe!
The key to these TRUFF Chilaquiles is our sauce. Made with TRUFF Pomodoro Pasta sauce, guajillo peppers, arbol pepper, garlic, onion, and ground cumin, this sauce is packed with flavor. Pair it with toasted tortillas, fried eggs, and avocado for a must-have breakfast treat!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chili peppers and broth in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the dried chilies have softened.
- Transfer the chilies and broth to the bowl of a food processor, add TRUFF Pomodoro Pasta Sauce, garlic, onion, and cumin, and puree until smooth.
- Divide tortilla wedges between two baking sheets and brush with olive oil.
- Bake tortillas for 4-6 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place chilaquiles sauce in a skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Add the tortillas to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Top chilaquiles with fried eggs, avocado slices, cilantro, crema, red onion, and lime wedges before serving.