Honey Glazed Turkey
TRUFF Honey Glazed Turkey
Impress your guests this holiday season with a show-stopping entrée!
This holiday bird is brined in a delicate blend of spices to start and is topped off with a sweet and savory glaze featuring honey, soy sauce, and the star of this recipe, our Black Truffle Oil. Guests are sure to give the chef two thumbs up after one bite of this flavor-packed dish!
- Prepare the turkey by removing the neck and giblets and rinsing it with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Using your hands, gently loosen the skin around the breast and legs.
- In a medium bowl combine the salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, dried rosemary, and dried thyme for the brine.
- Rub the dry brine under and over the skin of the turkey and inside the cavity.
- Place the turkey in the refrigerator uncovered and allow the brine to settle for 1-3 days.
- Once the turkey has brined, place the turkey on a wire rack lined roasting pan and set it aside at room temperature for one hour.
- Place the honey, TRUFF Black Truffle Oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a medium saucepan, and whisk to combine.
- Bring the glaze to a low simmer over medium to medium-low heat.
- Whisk the glaze frequently for approximately five minutes until the ingredients dissolve and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Flip the turkey on its back and brush it with glaze.
- Place the turkey in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and carefully flip the turkey over breast side up.
- Brush this side with glaze and place the turkey back in the oven with a reduced temperature of 325°F.
- Thoroughly brush the turkey with the glaze every 30 minutes.
- Roast the turkey for 2-3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and set it aside for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Garnish the turkey with fresh herbs and orange.