THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED ONLY FOR ENTRY IN ONE OF THE FIFTY STATES OF THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED WITHIN ONE OF THE FIFTY STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “TRUFF BEST” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. permanent residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Employees, contractors, directors and officers of TRUFF (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes) are not eligible to participate.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on May 2, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on June 2, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Website (defined below) will be the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: Visit www.truff.com/chicago (the “Website”) and complete the online entry form in its entirety by submitting your full name (including your first and last name), email address, age, and agree to these Official Rules. Upon clicking the “Continue” button, cast your vote on which restaurant makes the best pizza in Chicago. There is not an entry or prizes for the Entrant. The Grand Prize (defined below) is awarded to the restaurant with the most votes. Entrant must submit his/her vote by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 2, 2022.
There is a limit of one (1) vote per Entrant for the entire Sweepstakes Period.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting a vote, the vote will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Any attempt by an Entrant to submit more than the allowable number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations, logins, and/or any other methods, including, but not limited to, automated entry, will void all of that Entrant’s votes and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Accounts. Neither the Sponsor nor any Sweepstakes Entity will verify receipt of votes for Entrants. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant whose social media account that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other person or entity; does not comply with these Official Rules; or if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein.
4. WINNING/ODDS: On or about June 3, 2022, one (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be determined based on the restaurant that receives the most votes during the Sweepstakes Period. In the event of a tie, the tied restaurants will be placed into a drawing to randomly select the Grand Prize Winner. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible votes received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sponsor’s decisions are based on its sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects.
5. GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize Winner will be awarded $10,000 in the form of a check (the “Grand Prize”). Total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $10,000. The Grand Prize is awarded to the restaurant, NOT to the Entrant.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No transfer or substitution of the Grand Prize is allowed except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. The value of the Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all matters relating to the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state, and local taxes that become due with respect to the Grand Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen portion of the Grand Prize. No more than the one (1) Grand Prize as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
7. GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Grand Prize Winner will be notified via phone to request the email address to send the Grand Prize Winner’s Documents (defined below). Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return, within three business days from the date of the notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release and an IRS W-9 Form and perhaps other documents in connection with the Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize Winner’s Documents”) in order to claim the Grand Prize. If the potential Grand Prize Winner is unable to provide the Winner’s Documents within the time and date indicated, then that Grand Prize Winner may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, forfeit his/her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be determined by the next restaurant receiving the most votes.
The value associated with the Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to, all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor, or a third party acting on its behalf, may be required to report the value of the Grand Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize Winner; and, in such case, the value of the Grand Prize will be reported to the Grand Prize Winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099 and/or other applicable tax forms.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities resulting from Entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty- computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on any of the Websites. Use of Website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. All votes become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants release Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, recipient (a) agrees that the Released Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, pandemic or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the voting process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will determine the Grand Prize Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect votes received prior to cancellation. This Sweepstakes is offered only in fifty (50) United States and and the District of Columbia and is governed by the laws of the state of New York, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Monroe county, New York.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE PRECEDING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ANY ATTEMPT TO TAMPER WITH OR MANIPULATE THE PUBLIC VOTING PHASE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.
12. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 5, 2021 to: “TRUFF Best”, PO Box 458, Newark, NY 14513.
13. SPONSOR: TRUFF, 15241 Transistor Lane Huntington Beach, CA 92649.